Adapter needed

Do I need a travel adapter for a trip to Reunion?

Yes, you need a travel adapter (plug adapter) for a trip from Australia to Reunion. In Reunion, people are using different power plugs and power outlets that are not compatible with plugs from Australia!

Reunion und Australia compared
Flag: Australia
IOutlets of type IOutlets
230 VoltVoltage
50 HertzFrequency
Flag: Reunion
COutlets of type CEOutlets of type EOutlets
230 VoltVoltage
50 HertzFrequency
Power sockets

Which types of power plugs are used in Reunion?

Reunion uses power plugs of type C and E. Power outlets of type I, which are common in Australia, are not in use in Reunion.

Country information

About Reunion

Flag: About Reunion

Reunion is a country in Africa (Eastern Africa) with about 699 000 inhabitants on an area of almost 3 000 km². The capital of Reunion is Saint-Denis (137 000 inhabitants).

People in the country are mainly speaking French.

Reunion does not have a neighbor country.

TLD: .reCurrency: EURCountry calling code: +262Country Code : RE
Mains voltage

What is the Electricity Voltage in Reunion?

The voltage in Reunion is 230 volts.

The voltage, therefore, is equal to the 230 volts in Australia. This means that you can use all your electrical appliances without any problems.

Utility frequency

What is the utility frequency in Reunion?

The utility frequency in Reunion is 50 Hertz.

The frequency, therefore, is the same as in Australia. That's why it is safe to use all your electric appliances in Reunion.